This site has been created with special accessibility features that allow it to be used by a wide audience. Some special features to note are:
- Alternative text has been used for all important images. This feature is used for text-to-speech browsers and all-text browsers.
- All links leading to pages outside of this Web site will open in a new browser window. The attributes of these windows can be controlled by the user.
- Descriptive hyperlinks have been used along with titles attached to each link.
- “Skip to Main Content” and “Skip to Navigation” links have been added to the top of every document to allow users of text-to-speech browsers easy navigation.
- Font sizes can be adjusted using browser settings.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) have been used to control much of the site’s layout.
Increasing text size in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x
- On the View / Tools menu, select Internet Options
- On the General tab, select Fonts
- Select the font size you would like
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x – 7.x
- On the View menu select Text Size
- Choose the font size you require
Increasing text size in Netscape Navigator
Netscape Navigator 6.x
- On the Edit menu, click Preferences
- Double-click on Fonts, which is listed under Appearances. If Fonts isn’t available, double-click on Appearances.
- Choose a font size from the options listed in the pull down menu
- Click OK
Increasing text size in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox 1.x – 2.x
- On the View menu, click Text Size
- Select Increase, Decrease or Normal
Recommended Plug-in Downloads
Company: TradeMark Media: a web design firm in Austin, TX
Project Supervisor: Nick Weynand
Project Manager: Caroling Lee
Visual Designer: Joel Skotak
Design Technologist: Jonathan Horak
Programming & Database Development: Mike Wisian